Anthony Joshua Beats Andy Ruiz To Reclaim World Titles.

Anthony Joshua Beats Andy Ruiz To Reclaim World Titles.
December 7th, 2019.

Anthony Joshua has reclaimed his World Heavyweight titles after winning a gruelling rematch against Andy Ruiz on Saturday night in Saudi Arabia.

The scores were 118-110, 118-110, 119-109 in favour of the Nigeria-born boxer who now has his WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO Heavyweight Titles back.

Joshua completely overwhelmed Ruiz in a exciting 12-round thriller.

In the first bout, back in June, Ruiz came in as a late replacement and dropped Joshua four times to secure a seventh round stoppage at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Though Anthony Joshua could not get a knockout win as he wished, he would be happy to have done enough to get his revenge and more importantly his titles back.

Thousands of supports were spotted at Anthony Joshua's family house, they came in large numbers to show their solidarity support and to watch the match live.

Speaking after the fight, Joshua thanked his opponent for putting up a brave challenge.

He promised to remain humble in victory just as he remained humble in defeat back in June.

*Anthony Joshua*
"First of all, I want to thank God. I want to say Bismillah!

A man like me don't make excuses. Last time, I hurt him but I got caught. I wanted to show the sweet science of this lovely sport. It is about hitting, and not getting hit.

Stay hungry, stay humble. I am hungry, I am humble in defeat and I am going to stay humble in victory. I have so much respect for Andy and his family.

"Thank you to God and to Eddie and Barry Hearn." (disappointing for the Hearns not to get top billing there)

"If you heard, we are going to do the third."

"I am not perfect but I am trying. I want to shout out Prince Khlaed and Prince Abdul Aziz.

"Two time!"

*Andy Ruiz Jr*
"I want to do it again. I came in a bit heavy and if we do the third fight I am going to come in in the best shape. I got boxed. But I want to do it again. Thank you to everyone in Saudi Arabia. Who wants to see the third trilogy fight?"

*Eddie Hearn*
"Future plans are to celebrate and to celebrate hard. This man has responsible for the growth of British boxing. He won the title after 16 fights and he unified them after 19.

They wrote him off, he was humiliated in Madison Square Garden, they said he was all hype. But he has come back.

We got criticised for coming here, the reception we got from the people and the vision they have for boxing here is incredible.

We are not going to talk about other fighter, he is the king."

These sums it all up.

Congratulations to the glorious people of Sagamu and Remo at large, their Son, AJ has made them proud.

God bless Anthony Joshua!
God bless Us All!
God bless Sagamu!
God bless Remoland!
God bless Ogun State!
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business mogul, Kunle Soname Jets From Gaming To Aviation

Corrupt Police Officers: Ogun New CP Releases 10 Hotlines

Vote for Oba Adetola Emmanuel King - GMD Adron Homes as Ogun Man Of The Year Awards 2020